I'm a Ph.D. student
studying Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
at Tufts University.
E-mail: tshibata (at) cs.tufts.edu
My research adviser is Prof. Robert J.K. Jacob.
Designing Implicit User Interfaces to realize richer human computer interactions (2016).
Designing a touch-based text entry mechanism for wearables to address the fat-finger problem (2015).
Leveraging brain measurements to improve target acquisitions (2014).
Java with Object-Oriented Design syndrome, a sort of illness making me to think everything as object.
DriftBoard: A Panning-Based Text Entry Technique for Ultra-Small Touchscreens
ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology UIST 2016
| ACM DL
Text Entry for Ultra-Small Touchscreens Using a Fixed Cursor and Movable Keyboard
ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems CHI 2016 (Interactivity Demonstration)
| ACM DL
Brain-Based Target Expansion
ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology UIST 2014
Graduate Teaching Assistant Experiences
- Comp 11: Introduction to Computer Science (Summer 2017)
- Comp 15: Data Structures (Summer 2014, Fall 2014, Summer 2015, Summer 2016, Spring 2017, Summer 2018)
- Comp 86: Object-Oriented Programming for Graphical User Interfaces (Fall 2013, Fall 2016)
- Comp 171: Human-Computer Interaction (Spring 2014, Spring 2015)
- Comp 177: Visualization (Fall 2016, Fall 2017, Spring 2018)